This notion – that we all think that we are special – has pretty profound implications for your Los Angeles DUI defense.
Obviously, no two DUIs are exactly alike, and many factors might particularly distinguish your arrest from the pack. But rather than think that you are a unique defendant, it might help to take the opposite approach – to begin with the assumption that your case is standard.
For instance, odds are:
- You did not hurt someone.
- You had been at or near the threshold for DUI of 0.08% BAC, as defined by California Vehicle Code Section 23152.
- This was your first arrest.
Beyond that, consider your arrest in personal context:
- Are you someone who engages in risk taking behaviors?
- Do you push the limits when it comes to things like binge drinking or using recreational drugs or engaging in other behaviors that the average person would say is “over the line”?
- Was there something special about the day or night of your arrest? For instance, did you just celebrate a milestone in your career or, conversely, experience a loss, such as bad news in your personal life?
By getting to know yourself, you will be able to make more resourceful decisions and avoid driving dangerously in the future. You might even gain insight that you can use to compose your defense against your charges.
Please call the experienced Los Angeles DUI lawyers at the Kraut Law Group for substantial and skilled assistance with your case and a free, private consultation.
If police stopped you for Los Angeles DUI, you may be worried and anxious. Contact Harvard Law School educated, ex-prosecutor Michael Kraut for assistance at (323) 464-6453 or online. Our team is located at 6255 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 1520, Los Angeles, California 90028.