You recently got a Beverly Hills DUI charge. Ever since the cops’ red and blue flashing lights went off in your rear view mirror, you’ve been preoccupied with “what’s next?”
• Will I have to go to jail? If so, for how long?
• What will I tell my boss? My wife? My kids? My friends?
• How much money will I have to pay?
• Will my license be suspended?
• Am I at risk of this happening again?
• What could I have done differently to prevent this disaster?
• What will DUI alcohol school be like?
• Will I have to install an interlock ignition device in my car? How much will that cost me?
• How can I deal with the embarrassment?
• What should I do about my other charges linked to the arrest – (e.g. hit and run, DUI with injury, etc)?
• Do I know any Beverly Hills DUI defense attorneys?
• The list goes on.
These questions and dozens of others may need to be addressed. And an experienced Beverly Hills DUI defense attorney with the Kraut Law Group can help you catalog them and deal with them in a step-by-step, systematic way.
But what if your Beverly Hills DUI arrest/accident had gone differently? Let’s consider two such “counterfactual” scenarios:
1. What if your DUI had been far worse?
No one wants to dwell on the negatives. But it’s useful to consider what could have been. If things had gone differently, perhaps you could have hurt or killed someone. (In that case, prosecutors might charge you according to California Vehicle Code Section 23153, the injury DUI Section.) If convicted of a felony, you could face years behind bars. Dwelling on the negative can make you grateful for your current situation.
2. What if your Beverly Hills DUI arrest never happened?
What if you had make it all the way home without getting stopped? You might have dodged a crisis. Or you might have missed a key wake up call. If you’ve made a habit of driving recklessly, it would probably only be a matter of time before you got nabbed for a Beverly Hills DUI or some other crime.
Reflect on what could have happened to ground your thinking. And look to Michael Kraut of the Kraut Law Group to help you build an effective Beverly Hills DUI defense.